Sunday, June 27, 2010

T-Ball Question & Answers

Recently I have recieved a bunch of questions from readers about their young kids playing T-Ball. I have to admit that watching your kid play is not the most fun but it means the world to them!

Question: Is it safe for my four year old to really start baseball?

Answer: Yes! 100% the coaches are usualy moms or dads who love to help out little kids. I have never watched or heard of a T-Ball game where a kid was legitamtily injured.

Question: (Yes someone asked this!) Should i worry if my son is not as good as the other kids?

Answer: No! T-Ball is just learning the basics of the game. You will see a couple kids who might have grown up with the game in their family and you can notice a little bit of talent diversity. You can though purchase a Fisher-Price Triple Hit Baseball or a Little Tikes TotSports T-Ball Set to help further development of their young swings.

Question: How do I get my little one more interested in the game?

Answer: You can't force it down their little throughts or beet it into their heads. Try reading them The Greatest Baseball Stories Ever Told: Thirty Unforgettable Tales from the Diamond, a great book on the rich history of baseball that will have them thirsty for baseball!

Question: Should my son or daughter be drinking sport drinks at a young age?

Answer: Yes! The more the better in my mind. While there out on the field running their little legs of having the time of there life it is important they refuel their bodys with the proper carbs and elctrolytes. I might propose Gatorade All Stars-(Eight Lemon Lime, Eight Fruit Punch, Eight Orange) Variety Pack! 24/12 Oz for the proper nutrietion and keep them at the top of there game.

Feel free to shoot me any questions you have. I hope this helped everyone wondering about the little Babe Ruth's in the making. Remember they are still learning and at that age it is not about winning but having fun.

Going Deep,

Alan

No comments:

Post a Comment